We're Hiring! (Shipping Fairy)
We believe in strong girls and women. We believe in real people, real bodies and real friends. We believe in trying really hard. We believe that moments of truth can be extended to lifetimes of truth. We believe in having fun along the way. We believe that you can too.
Nuu-Muu is a Bellingham-based, entrepreneurial company with a dynamic, heart-forward and no-nonsense team. We need a wildly attentive to detail and self-starting Shipping Fairy to get packages out the door correctly and efficiently. This critical role is perfect for someone who finds great pleasure and satisfaction in getting things done accurately and making people happy.
As our Shipping Fairy, you'll be responsible for monitoring the merchandise leaving our office. This includes creating shipping and invoicing documents as well as packing shipments.
You are a great fit for this role if you:
- Love details and especially love being accurate and getting things right the first time
- Want to make customers feel special and loved whenever you need to interact with them
- Thrive on repetition and a clearly defined role but can also roll with a small company that is constantly evolving and changing
- Kinda love working independently (but don’t mind teaming up every so often)
- Are available for occasional evening/weekend hours
- Are passionate about some realm of the outdoor industry (running, cycling, hiking, SUP, golf, etc.)
- Believe in our mission and would welcome the opportunity to support our customers being their best selves
Specifically, you will:
- Use web-based computer programs to organize and fulfill customer orders
- Use web-based computer programs to create and print shipping documents, including invoices and labels
- Ship international packages and file international forms (ex. NAFTA)
- Prepare packages for shipment to customers
- Pull products from shelf and accurately pack orders
- Ensure each package has the proper postage
- Ensure inventory stays accurate, restock shelves when necessary
- Communicate with Office Manager to maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Perform customer service duties related to shipping when necessary
- Troubleshoot package delivery, provide tracking numbers, answer questions, etc.
- Assist with returns and exchanges
- Perform occasional data entry projects when assigned
- Assist with in-store open office hours and interface with customers and community
- Must be able to start on or before August 16, 2017
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, organized, accurate and quick with computers
- Ability to efficiently use web-based software programs, including but not limited to web-based email, Shopify, Quickbooks, Ship Station, shipping carrier websites, and more
- Able to package materials appropriate to the necessary shipping methods or storage methods
- Must be flexible, eager to learn, and have an easy ability to adapt to changes and improvements
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- H.S. diploma or equivalent, some college a plus
- Must have current Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Reliable communication device(s)
Details and Location
- 15-30 hours/week. Exact hours are flexible and depend on workflow. Shipping Fairy must be available every day, Monday-Friday although time of day is negotiable.
- Compensation: $11-15/hour
- Must work out of our office (affectionately called the Muu-Q) at 1715 Ellis St. Ste. 102, Bellingham, WA.
- Ability to push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to reach overhead, use a ladder, and carry bins up and down a staircase
- Ability to bend, squat, and climb stairs frequently.
- Ability to continuously stand or walk
- Ability to work at a computer for at least 2-6 hours daily
To apply: Send cover letter with a super compelling story about why you’re the perfect person for this job, along with your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org.